Matthews-Scippio Academy was a church related institution supported and operated by the Church of God By Faith (COGBF). It was founded when a group of dedicated church leaders organized a School Planning Board in 1957 to establish a faith institution for Christian Leadership and Training. After three years of organizing, the land was purchased and the building was erected. The school was dedicated on February 17, 1963. The ﬁrst classes were held on September 3, 1964. The ﬁrst year ended with 100 K-12 students. The school was closed in June 1974 due to ﬁnancial constraints. However, some of the proceeds from the sale of the property is still being used to educate the college-age students of the COGBF. The COGBF Educational Scholarship has been established to promote the continuing college/university education of graduating high school students. The academic scholarship program encourages students to pursue higher education by supporting them ﬁnancially and spiritually.
1963 Officers & Board of Directors
CREDIT: Ocala Star-banner